- string: The event name.
- string: The side of the modem that received the message.
- number: The channel that the message was sent on.
- number: The reply channel set by the sender.
- any: The message as sent by the sender.
- number: The distance between the sender and the receiver, in blocks.
Wraps a modem peripheral, opens channel 0 for listening, and prints all received messages.
local modem = peripheral.find("modem") or error("No modem attached", 0) modem.open(0) while true do local event, side, channel, replyChannel, message, distance = os.pullEvent("modem_message") print(("Message received on side %s on channel %d (reply to %d) from %f blocks away with message %s"):format(side, channel, replyChannel, distance, tostring(message))) end