The modem_message event is fired when a message is received on an open channel on any modem.
- string: The event name.
- string: The side of the modem that received the message.
- number: The channel that the message was sent on.
- number: The reply channel set by the sender.
- any: The message as sent by the sender.
- number: The distance between the sender and the receiver, in blocks (decimal).
Prints a message when one is sent:
while true do local event, side, channel, replyChannel, message, distance = os.pullEvent("modem_message") print(("Message received on side %s on channel %d (reply to %d) from %f blocks away with message %s"):format(side, channel, replyChannel, distance, tostring(message))) end